AutoNation
jobs.autonation.com Fort Lauderdale, FL 5000+ Employees

This is traditionally a man's profession, but, as a female, I have had nothing but positive experiences.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Winter Park, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is a great place to work overall. The management is very friendly, and is easy to relate to on a daily basis while maintaining a strictly professional atmosphere. My co-workers are very friendly as well, and as a female, there has been no inpropriety or misconduct of any sort on behalf of the mostly male workforce.

ConsThe hours are very long, but, if you stay busy, the workday goes by quickly. The job is easy enough to learn as well if you have the proper skillset, but if you lack self-motivation and ambition, you may not want to venture into this profession.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work; but, if there is any way to have a stricter hiring policy, it may help weed out those that are strictly seeking to defame the company as a whole and set others up for failure for their own financial gain.

It's exciting to be part of AutoNation "Coast to Coast!"

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Truly the leader in automotive retail. Mike Jackson and Mike Maroone are inspirational leaders who clearly have a vision for the company based on… Cons: I would like to see innovative technology faster...tablets.... Advice to Senior Management: Keep focused on creating an exceptional customer experience... our customers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A cynical culture driven by greed and stock price

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
South Florida, FL

I worked at AutoNation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: My coworkers were good people, and we all shared the same feelings of hopelessness, which, strangely enough, made us feel better knowing we were not… Cons: Yearly pay cuts, although management will smile at you when they call it a "new pay plan." 5+ years without a pay raise, but… Advice to Senior Management: Come down to reality. Reality isn't the $50,000 per person republican fundraiser dinner at our COO's house, well, at least not for most of your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AutoNation.

Worked for AutoNation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AutoNation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AutoNation CEO Mike Jackson. All reviews posted anonymously by AutoNation employees.