There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

Truth is in the employees

Current Employee - Fixed Operations in South Florida, FL
Current Employee - Fixed Operations in South Florida, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is not much. I like all the people I work with and helping my customers solve their problems. I also love the challenge that comes everyday from different situations

Cons

They only listen to corporate managers. There is no input from local managers at the dealerships. Most of the corporate managers have no "real world" experience. They only look at ballance sheets. There is no incentive to work harder. If you do they will change your pay plan to something lower because you make too much for your pay grade. There is no longevity bonus as advertised. I've worked there since the inception of the company and have never received one.

Advice to Management

Need to listen and act on advice from managers at stores. It seems that you only listen to senior managers at corporate headquarters only. What about the longevity bonus? Listen to the rank and file of the company. Most of your employees are not happy. If your employees are unhappy you will not have satisfied customers. Be flexible on policies that do not work for every store.

reviews filtered by

This is traditionally a man's profession, but, as a female, I have had nothing but positive experiences.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work overall. The management is very friendly, and is easy to relate to on a daily basis while maintaining a strictly professional atmosphere. My co-workers are very friendly as well, and as a female, there has been no inpropriety or misconduct of any sort on behalf of the mostly male workforce.

Cons

The hours are very long, but, if you stay busy, the workday goes by quickly. The job is easy enough to learn as well if you have the proper skillset, but if you lack self-motivation and ambition, you may not want to venture into this profession.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work; but, if there is any way to have a stricter hiring policy, it may help weed out those that are strictly seeking to defame the company as a whole and set others up for failure for their own financial gain.

2. It's exciting to be part of AutoNation "Coast to Coast!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Truly the leader in automotive retail. Mike Jackson and Mike Maroone are inspirational leaders who clearly have a vision for the company based on creating an exceptional customer experience. I am very exciting about the national launch of the AutoNation brand - it is our chance to really show customers the value of doing business with us.

Cons

I would like to see innovative technology faster...tablets....

Advice to Management

Keep focused on creating an exceptional customer experience... our customers don't expect it, so it's a big win!