Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is really great at AN, they take the time to train you. I did not know anything about cars and my current dealership gave me the opportunity to learn, they are committed to the new people that start. So far I really like my job, I believe the tools are provided to be successful. The work environment is extremely competitive but respectful and the pace at the store is incredibly fast, you have to jump on the boat and be committed, if that is the case, you will do just fine. I am very grateful that I am here and so far I believe I made the right choice by making a career change.

Cons

So far I cannot complain.

Advice to Management

Important information can also be provided at a lower lever. Sometimes there is a detachment between corporate and the stores.

reviews filtered by
  1. Truth is in the employees

Current Employee - Fixed Operations in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Fixed Operations in South Florida, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is not much. I like all the people I work with and helping my customers solve their problems. I also love the challenge that comes everyday from different situations

Cons

They only listen to corporate managers. There is no input from local managers at the dealerships. Most of the corporate managers have no "real world" experience. They only look at ballance sheets. There is no incentive to work harder. If you do they will change your pay plan to something lower because you make too much for your pay grade. There is no longevity bonus as advertised. I've worked there since the inception of the company and have never received one.

Advice to Management

Need to listen and act on advice from managers at stores. It seems that you only listen to senior managers at corporate headquarters only. What about the longevity bonus? Listen to the rank and file of the company. Most of your employees are not happy. If your employees are unhappy you will not have satisfied customers. Be flexible on policies that do not work for every store.

This is traditionally a man's profession, but, as a female, I have had nothing but positive experiences.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work overall. The management is very friendly, and is easy to relate to on a daily basis while maintaining a strictly professional atmosphere. My co-workers are very friendly as well, and as a female, there has been no inpropriety or misconduct of any sort on behalf of the mostly male workforce.

Cons

The hours are very long, but, if you stay busy, the workday goes by quickly. The job is easy enough to learn as well if you have the proper skillset, but if you lack self-motivation and ambition, you may not want to venture into this profession.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work; but, if there is any way to have a stricter hiring policy, it may help weed out those that are strictly seeking to defame the company as a whole and set others up for failure for their own financial gain.