AutoNation
www.autonation.com Fort Lauderdale, FL 5000+ Employees

A cynical culture driven by greed and stock price

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
South Florida, FL

ProsMy coworkers were good people, and we all shared the same feelings of hopelessness, which, strangely enough, made us feel better knowing we were not alone. The hours can be long but the schedules are somewhat flexible.Once you have experience, other dealer groups, most of which consider autonation a joke, will gladly hire you and generally pay more with better hours.

ConsYearly pay cuts, although management will smile at you when they call it a "new pay plan." 5+ years without a pay raise, but the executives got theirs last year, of course. Penny smart and dollar stupid, they watch every penny for expenses while hundreds of dollars a day are given away to unhappy customers. There seems to be a concerted effort to get rid of the old-timers and replace all of us with kids who are desperate to work for $12/hr. See note about unhappy customers-directly related to the new, inexperienced, and of course cheap new hires. Constant turnover in staffing, nobody cares, even the store management have given up chasing the corporate carrot. Total lack of follow up with HR when issues are brought to their attention. Low morale, few chances to advance unless you know someone up top.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome down to reality. Reality isn't the $50,000 per person republican fundraiser dinner at our COO's house, well, at least not for most of your employees. You'd see a better return on your money if you invested more in your income producing employees, not middle management bean counters. Embrace the concept of a pay raise. Happy employees make happy customers, such a basic concept totally ignored by the corporate hatchet men who work there. Your company is not growing. If the employees are not growing, then your company never will.

Truth is in the employees

Fixed Operations (Current Employee)
    South Florida, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There is not much. I like all the people I work with and helping my… Cons: They only listen to corporate managers. There is no input from local managers at the dealerships. Most of the corporate managers have no "real world"… Advice to Senior Management: Need to listen and act on advice from managers at stores. It seems that you only listen to senior managers at corporate headquarters only. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My experience at AutoNation SSC has been tiring.

Irving, TX

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for more than a year

Pros: There are constant openings and opportunities to move around and… Cons: Ridiculously long hours every 2 weeks. We work a 18 hour day go home for about 4 hours of sleep and come back to… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate with the employees even if they are not in management. Find ways to make… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AutoNation.

Worked for AutoNation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AutoNation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AutoNation CEO Mike Jackson. All reviews posted anonymously by AutoNation employees.