There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

What I like about it here.......

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros are the advancement availability, and good leadership. I also enjoy having the impact to improve processes to keep things simple and efficient. Also, the snacks and company provided lunches are great!

Cons

Compared to the other dealerships I have worked for, there really are no cons. I think most of the things others would complain about are part of working for a dealership.

Advice to Management

Always be mindful of building a team, and maybe purchasing more dealerships in Memphis.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation

1. My review of Autonation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros are the size of the company, which means room for growth. I can say from personal experience that they promote from within. I truly feel there are more opportunities in company of this size.

Cons

The only cons, have to do with the industry and not so much the company. Its difficult to find sales associates that are dedicated and willing to work on commission.

2. Love it here!

Current Employee - Receptionist in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job is receptionist - I love the constantly changing atmosphere, the people, even running reports.

Cons

Stuck at the desk. Frustrating trying to get the salespeople and managers to understand I need to know their schedules and when they're leaving the lot so I know what to say/do for the customers/callers who are asking for them. I've decided I'll just go bug 'em on a regular basis. Seems to be helping.

Advice to Management

Please understand that the receptionist is usually the first person a potential customer sees/talks to, and she/he needs to know what's going on, as much as is possible. Even the managers just leave but don't tell me. AHH!!