Good People

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clarita, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Commission, people, benefits. Good sales procedures and techniques taught to help overcome proposed objections

Cons

Hours hours hours, you literally have no social/family life

Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation

1. Excellent Corporation!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AutoNation is the best employer I have ever had. I started out at the bottom and worked my way through every department. Through my personal experience, I strongly support promoting from within. I would say to any person, looking to get into sales that AutoNation is the best place to be. This company has more growth potential than any other auto dealership.

Cons

I don't feel that there are any cons to working for AutoNation other than the hours. We put a lot of time into our jobs. They only disadvantage to working for a Corporation versus a smaller locally owned dealership, is sometimes the time frame needed to make decisions. Though, the advantages of working for a Corporation far out-weigh those of a locally owned dealership.

Advice to Management

Buy more stores in Memphis, and reduce the waiting period for benefits.

2. Selling Cars Is My Passion

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at other dealerships in my career but AutoNation has been the best so far. AutoNation offers training for all their employees in every department. I enjoy going to work everyday. I love selling cars, and couldn't imagine doing anything else for a career. Further, wouldn't want to work for any other dealerships than AutoNation.

Cons

I wish that I didn't have to relocate to promote to a higher position with the company. Though, I appreciate the opportunities locally. I wish AutoNation would purchase more stores in the Memphis area, or perhaps even Mississippi.

Advice to Management

Buy more stores in Memphis, and promote internally to those new stores. We have a lot of great leaders here.