There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

Review of Autonation

Current Employee - Accounting Manager  in  Lewisville, TX
Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, always room for advancement

Cons

never had anything bad to say about autonation until a new controller was hired and after a certain incident, i was the only one who was written up and eventually she fired me and brought in someone from her other store to replace me for less money.

There are always 2 sides to every story and maybe you should hear the losing persons side and get all the facts before you terminate a person who dedicated 7 yrs to the company and would have done anything for the company to let someone who had no dealership exp. come in and fire your long time employee.

205 Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation (View Most Recent)

Pay Sucks!!!

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at AutoNation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good inventory, nice facility. As with any organization the worker bees are usually nice to work with, but as usual you always get a few incompetent managers that ruin the overall work environment.

Cons

Pay is horrible, over 50% of sales staff are making around minimum wage for 50 to 65 hours a week (6 day/wk schedule). Pay is based on a percentage of the gross profit, but these days the gross is so low you end up with a "mini" (usually $50 to $200 depending on which dealership you work at). Only money to be made is selling used cars. The corporate bean counters have made sure that only a few will slip thru and make a decent living, and the rest will get paid as little as they can get away with.

Provide some pay equity. Why should CEO Mike Jackson make $30+ Million, and his two underlings make $15+ Million per year and the sales staff (the people that move the product that's responsible for the future of the dealership) get to sweep up the crumbs !?! It's because of companies and Executive Management like this that the United States is in a downward spiral !

Has been uplifting and inspirational

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Laurel, MD

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get all of the tools you need to excel in your career. They have stores everywhere in the country so your not just held down to one jurisdiction. Your given every tool you need to succeed.

Cons

I dont have anything bad to say about autonation. They have embraced me and made me feel apart of the team.

Keep doing what your doing.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

Worked for AutoNation? Contribute to the Community!