AutoNation

Good Company

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at AutoNation

Pros

Even though I was employed during a bad time for car sales, I was still able to do alright. Training was very good. Alot of time was put into training and retraining. We were expected to work alot of hours but it was not difficult work.

Cons

Continuous calling of customers was pretty annoying and got some people mad. The location of the dealership made it tough to get people approved for a car loan. There was some favortism when it came to managers giving customers to favorite salespeople.

Practice what you preach in training. Many of the managers would take shortcuts that were taught as the wron way to do things.

226 Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation (View Most Recent)

Don't Expect Bankers Hours.

Current Employee - Sales Manager Autonation in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager Autonation in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at AutoNation

Pros

Autonation is a process driven company. Follow the process while employed and you will gain a whole lot of knowledge and you will truly become a quality seasoned Sales Professional.

Cons

The Company does not adjust store hours to allow employees to have a better quality of life. The hours are long and not necessary. Managers are worked hard and are accountable for more and more responsibilities and are not salaried. Your pay is based on sales performance so you tend to make less and less money every pay period in a tough economy.

Have your HR Department and Market Presidents put together a company survey for employees in order to see how Autonation can become a better employer. During a tough economy many of the Sales Associates, Sales Managers, Office Personel, Service Writers, Service Managers and Techs that are left are the best of the best. You know this becuase they were seleted in many cases to stay with the company and not laid off during a tough economy. These are your core employees and it would be nice to compensate them a little more as things improve with time. Many of their complaints are similar go out and find out. Listen to them, because they are talking.

Find somthing else somwhere else- PLEASE

Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Denver, CO

I have been working at AutoNation

Pros

some of the best emploees around

Cons

LONG hours No balance for your own life. low comission pay. financial punishment for low csi even if proven beyond your control. no support staff ie. cashiers, apointment takers, cust service support

Happy employees make happy customers and I am not happy when i know I will be working 50-60 hours next week and still may not make enough to pay the mortgage

There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation