AutoNation

There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

Good Company overall

Current Employee - Accounting Department in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Accounting Department in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good job overall. Respected by my managers and fellow employees. A lot of autonomy, but little oversight. Fair benefits and good pay.

Cons

Long hours, There is no work-life balance at all so if you are a workaholic this is a good company. I would love to have a little less pay, more support and the ability to work a normal work schedule. There is not a lot of training available and seldom a chance to research and find out the right way to do things. I would also like to see some type of employee portal that gives information on other positions available. I think we lose sight of the fact that there is a lot of potential in our employees but you seldom know if there is a position available for a potential promotion.

The company is a solid performer in the industry that really wants to have low employee turnover. When promoting, however, you should look at your internal candidates first.

233 Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation (View Most Recent)

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE SHARED SERVICE CENTER!

Former Employee - Accounting in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting in Irving, TX

I worked at AutoNation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

2 weeks paid vacation, Holiday pay, flexible hours (at least in my department) and decent benefits.

Cons

What a joke! The Shared Service Center is in need of a complete overhaul! They use ADP which is an ancient software program from the mid 90's, that causes more harm than good. Everything is completely manual and it is easy for mistakes to happen that are hard to correct. Half the programs they provide don't even work most of the time. The management and HR team are a joke! They spend more time worried about making themselves look better than being concerned about how their employees are doing and how the teams are functioning. They will say over and over that they are committed to your advancement but are quick to toss you to the curb like a piece of garbage if you disagree with them. I felt like I was attending Jr. High again when I worked there. All the managers had to write a "Social Contract" because the office politics were so bad! News flash management.... NO ONE FOLLOWS IT... NOT EVEN YOU! Don't listen to the well rated comments either. It is HR trying to move all the bad reviews down because the turn over rate for the Shared Service Center, wait who am I kidding the WHOLE company in the past 6 months has been absurdly high and Management/HR wonder why! Because you treat your hard working employees like dirt and your completely unstable employees with the utmost respect. Give me a break! This place is a living nightmare.

The Vice President and Director need to pull their heads out of the sand and realize the management they have running the departments at the SSC are completely incapable of doing so! If you want to know why you have lost so many great employees this year that is why!

Internet Sales Manager

Current Employee - Internet Sales Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Internet Sales Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company with great work life balance.

Cons

Pay plan changed for the worse.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation