There are newer employer reviews for AutoTrader

Glacially slow to change

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AutoTrader full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good salary and benefits, lots of training opportunities

Cons

Despite being a dot com, the pace of change is not what you'd expect. Re-orgs were the answer to communication and collaboration problems, rather than outlining clear strategies. Chip, the CEO, is a nice guy, but he's in the weeds on things and nobody who stands up to him lasts long.

Chip - get some people in upper management who are willing to tell you the unvarnished truth and be open to it. Too many of your direct reports are incapable or unwilling to disagree with you.

reviews filtered by
  1. Oddly Quiet

I have been working at AutoTrader full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good employees are constantly recognized and rewarded.
    Great hours (8:30 AM - 5:30 PM)

Cons

Working in a regional offices often makes me feel forgotten. The environment is drab with generic office decor while the HQ is a cool, lively, and unique environment.
    It's oddly quiet. There are times where the only sound that you here is the tapping on keyboards for minutes.

Don't forget the people out in the field.

Absolutely the worst job experience I have ever had

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at AutoTrader full-time

Pros

Good product that is easy to use

Cons

The middle management is a joke in south Florida. The woman I worked for was completely unstable and acted like she was ready to explode every time she would talk. She would call daily and say"where my money" The way she would motivate her staff was to say that office depot was hiring if you don't like it here. This manager went with me to meet a GM about why we raised his rates 25%. when he said he didn't want to resign she began to whine like a child and kept saying "I'm worth it" Finally the dealer asked he to leave. I had to return to riveter a cell phone and he gave me his sympathy that I had to work with such a wacko. The turn over is constant and support from corporate is non existent.

you have a good product that is the only reason you are still in business. It certainly is not how you run the company.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoTrader