There are newer employer reviews for AutoTrader

Love my role; love the company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AutoTrader full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love the work that I do, and I have the freedom to do my job but also the guidance to continue to grow as an employee. Additionally, there always seem to be events, opportunities, prizes, giveaways, and snacks. It feels like they put a lot of emphasis on keeping employees engaged. I am, so I guess it's working!

Cons

Although I would consider it to be laid-back corporate, it's still a corporate environment, so if you're looking for a true dot-com feel, you may want to look elsewhere.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great People, Great Benefits, Great Product

Current Employee - ATG Technology in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - ATG Technology in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AutoTrader

Pros

-Awesome benefits
    -Great pay
    -Highly encourages team work, versus drawing targets on the backs of fellow co-workers
    -Fun environment (whole floor almost entirely dedicated to having fun with tv, billiards, ping-pong, video games, etc.)
    -Continuously growing company with a high demand product, even during a bad economy
    -Schedule flexibility
    -Ability to work from home occasionally

Cons

HR has been somewhat of a pain for me. When I started I was supposed to be set up with access to a lot of tools, to be provided by and handled through HR, and so much was missing when I arrived. I had to take extra time to personally fish for what I needed.

If you are a manager with a team, open up your schedule more so that your team can run more project progress/updates and questions by you, instead of telling your team to figure it out. Please give more guidance to your team.

2. Poor management and extreme cronyism

Former Contractor - DB Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - DB Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AutoTrader as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Good coworkers
    Nice office spaces
    Good location

Cons

Management is weak and most of the time protected by friends that got them the job.
    No incentive to stay
    Half the people don't come to work consistently

Set your expectations to those outside of the company. Work on yourself, you a not better than the people you manage!

There are newer employer reviews for AutoTrader