There are newer employer reviews for AutoTrader

Great

I worked at AutoTrader full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great parent company and benefits

Cons

Management is all white guys. Company doesn't value each department the same when deciding on bonus or stock options.

reviews filtered by
  1. Working Environment

Current Intern - Engineer in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Intern - Engineer in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at AutoTrader as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

AutoTrader has an excellent working environment, very friendly and flexible. It is a fast paced company but allow for great work life balance. Great Benefits!

Cons

Excessive meetings from upper management to lower level employees. The cafeteria is limited in its options :). Other than that, all is great!

Sales Consultant

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at AutoTrader full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A true market leader in the classifieds realm... amazing potential and scope to the auto industry. With change being the constant they learned from their mistakes early on and in the last few years rolled out tech products better and more efficiently. Sales through Service was a great mantra, and in my opinion should have stayed. Clients liked us better, and the environment was much more relaxed.

Cons

VERY... I repeat... VERY POOR middle level management. No consistency in such across the country, most of the manager's that I worked for had their own agenda in mind, NOT the client or ATC. The corporate america mentality killed the amazing workplace environment that the company had for many years.

Field reps are your true front line... not only as the revenue generators, but also your liaisons to the clients... consider this when training middle level management (RSD/DSM). 90% of the reps that I met in my time there had what it takes to make your company flourish, but were being restricted by "management" in one way or another.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoTrader