There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

I have not had a good expericence at AutoZone

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

The company is a good company to work for.

Cons

The District and Store Managers at AZ do not offer proper training and they lack communication with the employees and customers.

The managers need more training and they should offer training to the employees for advancement within the company.

653 Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone (View Most Recent)

Hard work does pay off but..

Current Employee - CSM  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - CSM in Boston, MA

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

Better employees,pay rate and parts

Cons

Great workers tend to get over looked

Seems you dont get higher in the company unless someone know someone else

Overall excellent experience with former manager, but situations change drastically

Current Employee - Psm  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Psm in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

Was hired full time
    My former boss was awesome and really cared about his employees and knew that to have a good work environment, u needed to feel wanted and appreciated for the work that u did everyday.
    Was promoted to PSM 6 months after starting to work for Autozone
    U also get to create a great rapport with customers who come in to the store or call and ask for u by name to help them

Cons

From doing this job for over a year, there seem to be way too many reports you have to keep up with (wittdtjr, oil w/ air, checkout challenge, LP Dashboard, selling time quiz, driver safety quiz, shrinkbuster training, PCI reports, MNDR reports, Average ticket reports, Comp reports, Hub store order reports, Sweep Lane reports, Overstock reports, Planogram reports, etc)
    Planograms change weekly and many of them are what are called "refreshed" - meaning that they are moved around to entice customers to shop that specific area.
    My biggest complaint out of all of this is :
    There is a paper hanging up in the managers office from corporate that plainly reads "Autozoners are our greatest asset".
    If that were true, then why is it that we arent treated like an asset?
    There is no loyalty between the company or the associates.
    To get any information from a District Manager, you have to beg for it. For a company that is making more money each and every year than the previous year, we should have more technology, more communication, more promotions, and less red tape

I would like for someone from corporate to come in and work with a store for a month, and report back to the board meetings what they had seen and what they have encountered and change the way we do business. We are losing too many quality people to competitors due to the way we are told to do more than ever before but we arent going to pay you to take on the extra workload. The workers feel so disenfranchised to the point that they will work for different companies just to feel appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!