AutoZone

www.autozone.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

Good place for part-time work

Former Employee - Parts Sales Representative - Customer Satisfaction in Sebring, FL

I worked at AutoZone

Pros

Very helpful employees overall great work enironment

Cons

Open later then Napa or Carquest

none, keep up the good work

780 Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone (View Most Recent)

WITTDTJR's ? How about staffing instead !!!!!

Former Employee - Psm in Springfield, OH
    Former Employee - Psm in Springfield, OH

I worked at AutoZone

Pros

20% discount, about 75% of customers were easy going people, benefits were a bit above average, holiday pay, and stock purchase program.

Cons

Where do I begin ? The staffing is a joke for starters. Having 2 people in the store is fine until you get more than 2 customers. Then the phones start ringing, someone needs something put in or on there car, and don't forget the "check engine" reading. Once you have that out of the way, then its time to "up-sale", which means trying to get them to buy useless crap that will just sit in their garage and never be used. Once you have already got under their skin, then its time to check out, but wait, we have these overstocked products that we want to sell you for just 5 dollars, and just before you think they are going to say "screw it, I'll go somewhere else", you have to ask them if they have a rewards card. I didn't mind trying to up-sale something if it was really going to be beneficial, ( if your changing your alternator, you might as well replace the belt. You gotta take it off anyway). But they take it to a whole new level. And with just 2 people in the store( which was about 90% of the time), its kind of hard to try to up-sale people when you got 10 people waiting to be served and 2-3 phone lines ringing. The product on hand they have is just sad. 9 times out of 10, they never have a pair of anything, so you have to call the hub ( trust me, you'd rather pour salt in your eyes) just to see if they have it and if your lucky, will get it the next day. There's plenty of other things I could list " planograms,overstock,truck,window signs, PCI's, etc, but you get the hint.... And you do all of this for crappy wages to boot, you could flip eggs at bob evans and make more than you would here.

Happy employee's = happy customers. If you pay your people good and treat them good, and at the same time staff your stores right instead of the bare minimum, your customers will be more happy, because they didn't have to deal with a ticked off worker who's already thinking of the next customer. And keep things simple, there's no reason to have 5 different kinds of low, medium, and high end tire cleaner. Or here's an idea, at the least, staff a 3rd person just for installs. And close the store at 8, there's no reason you need to keep these places open till 10,11, and 12. Napa closes at 7 has done so for quite a while, and they do just fine. I guess all in all, quit being so greedy !!!!!!

It's a beautiful job for those who have a love for working with people but they tend to over work their emplyee's.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orland Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orland Hills, IL

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

off time whenever requested
    great customers most of the time
    20% discount

Cons

If sick you must have a doctors note saying that you where HOSPITALIZED. Meaning the only way you could miss work without consequenses is only if you were admitted into a ficility.

They show favortism with advansing. This company takes "its not what you know, but who you know to another level."

If someone shows they are worthy for advancement then you should give that to them. Race, friendship and favortism should not be factored into professional growth. If the customers can see that so should you.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone