AutoZone

www.autozone.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

WITTDTJR's ? How about staffing instead !!!!!

Former Employee - Psm in Springfield, OH
Former Employee - Psm in Springfield, OH

I worked at AutoZone

Pros

20% discount, about 75% of customers were easy going people, benefits were a bit above average, holiday pay, and stock purchase program.

Cons

Where do I begin ? The staffing is a joke for starters. Having 2 people in the store is fine until you get more than 2 customers. Then the phones start ringing, someone needs something put in or on there car, and don't forget the "check engine" reading. Once you have that out of the way, then its time to "up-sale", which means trying to get them to buy useless crap that will just sit in their garage and never be used. Once you have already got under their skin, then its time to check out, but wait, we have these overstocked products that we want to sell you for just 5 dollars, and just before you think they are going to say "screw it, I'll go somewhere else", you have to ask them if they have a rewards card. I didn't mind trying to up-sale something if it was really going to be beneficial, ( if your changing your alternator, you might as well replace the belt. You gotta take it off anyway). But they take it to a whole new level. And with just 2 people in the store( which was about 90% of the time), its kind of hard to try to up-sale people when you got 10 people waiting to be served and 2-3 phone lines ringing. The product on hand they have is just sad. 9 times out of 10, they never have a pair of anything, so you have to call the hub ( trust me, you'd rather pour salt in your eyes) just to see if they have it and if your lucky, will get it the next day. There's plenty of other things I could list " planograms,overstock,truck,window signs, PCI's, etc, but you get the hint.... And you do all of this for crappy wages to boot, you could flip eggs at bob evans and make more than you would here.

Happy employee's = happy customers. If you pay your people good and treat them good, and at the same time staff your stores right instead of the bare minimum, your customers will be more happy, because they didn't have to deal with a ticked off worker who's already thinking of the next customer. And keep things simple, there's no reason to have 5 different kinds of low, medium, and high end tire cleaner. Or here's an idea, at the least, staff a 3rd person just for installs. And close the store at 8, there's no reason you need to keep these places open till 10,11, and 12. Napa closes at 7 has done so for quite a while, and they do just fine. I guess all in all, quit being so greedy !!!!!!

787 Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone (View Most Recent)

Typical Corporate problems

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

I worked with good people and that is what made things worthwhile. They also worked well with my schedule.

Cons

Management micromanages what happens without allowing your own innovation. Upper management treats you like children.

The corporate answers do not work well for all branches of the company. Its the people that make all the difference in this business so be willing to pay for good people.

My experience with Autozone was a complete drain on my life.

Former Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AutoZone

Pros

There are not many good reasons to work here. If you like auto parts and high pressure sales environments, then this is the place for you. Employees do receive a discount, and you will be paid for the time you work.

Cons

There is no upper managerial support towards employees. Managers at the store level are not empowered to make changes or enforce discipline. The focus here is on micro management from the district level. Expect to be given unrealistic sales goals and to see people who have no managerial experience or ability become your peers or supervisors. Promotions are given on a whim and are put into effect by district managers who will never actually witness your performance first hand.

Quit throwing your front line employees under the bus.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone