AutoZone
www.autozone.com Memphis, TN 5000+ Employees

Rewards will drive performance.

Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at AutoZone full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGet a paycheck and benefits. Helping people who truly need you.

ConsStore manager keeps any store bonuses for himself. Employee at another store complains to HR so she comes to your store and you get forced out. Complaints to HR are what drives management, not doing the right thing. Store manager makes the schedule at the last minute (told it is policy). Can't plan your life more than a few days ahead. No schedule stability. Can't go to school, can't plan doctor appointments, can't plan anything unless you ask for vacation. Store manager gets his vacation whenever he wants, other employees get the left overs.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency. If you don't want part-time grey-shirts, then make it company wide, not changing every time the DM changes. Allow employees to have a life. Post a schedule earlier and have consistency to a degree. Make sure the bottom employees are rewarded for good performance too.

AutoZone CSR (Customer Service Representative) Opinions

Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee)

I have been working at AutoZone part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great company for hard workers. Entry level positions receive training to help do-it-yourself (DIY) customers. If you have previous mechanical experience, i.e., professional… Cons: Full time employees only receive a salary increase at annual review. Need management discretion to award performance throughout the year with a small increase… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of good, loyal employees by paying them more per hour. Do this by raising salaries and salary ceilings for hourly employees (a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a company to look for retirement from

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros: It's not rocket science.....we are selling auto parts Cons: Minimal help..... Usually only two people working at a time.....… More

There are newer reviews on AutoZone.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AutoZone reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AutoZone CEO Bill Rhodes III. All reviews posted anonymously by AutoZone employees.