There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

What a Journey!

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Newark, NJ
Current Employee - Store Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at AutoZone full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to move up the latter quickly.

Cons

The work that is required of a Store manager is absolutely insane. The schedule has not home/work balance. The company monitors pretty much anything you can think of with reports (KPI's) and rate your performance more on that then your actual work that keeps the store open and profitable.

651 Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone (View Most Recent)

Very much a corporate ladder - abuse, neglect & cutthroat pretty much describes it.

Former Employee - Commercial Driver  in  Ottawa, KS
    Former Employee - Commercial Driver in Ottawa, KS

I worked at AutoZone full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wide selection of auto parts and decent training opportunities.

Cons

Company (at least this district) is not too women-friendly - After 5 years on the job, being ASE certified, I tried unsuccessfully for 2 years to advance to management. When I finally threatened gender discrimination, I was finally allowed a chance. It should not be this difficult. Primarily male management and on the inside, they are very abusive towards women in management.

Treat your employees like you would your family and they will readily give back to you. Continue to treat them like you do and continually underpay them (and expect the moon in return), and you will continue to get the constant turnover and lack of knowledge in parts that you have now. There is not a single parts pro in the business that will readily take out the abuse that these corporate parts stores dish out -- and for little to no decent wage ($8-9.50/hr).

Fast paced and friendly.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AutoZone part-time for more than a year

Pros

Customer service. Being able to help everyone that walk through the door physically and mental.

Cons

Bad scheduling, and poor communications of upper managment

Stop trying to build programs to help us and let us do the job that you expect. Stay true to old values of doing anything we can to help a customer.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!