AutoZone
www.autozone.com Memphis, TN 5000+ Employees

Fine if you can ever get into management, OR leave and come back

IT Systems Administrator (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIts a great place to work you work with some great folks.

ConsUnless you already have a career with another company, you can't get hired in, move up and make money. You have to leave and come back or stab someone in the back and move up but you aren't going to make a liveable amount until you leave and come back. I have been promised for 3 years a move up, and it never happens then your group changes names and you get that move up that is a lateral move.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you promise someone that you will promote them make it happen. Don't expect to continue to get Sr. System Administrator performance out of less than System Administrator pay.

Nice balance

Current Employee (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone full-time

Pros: Freedom, work life balance, nice pay for the area. Cons: Too many chiefs trying to fill one position. Lack of… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate better, it will boost moral more than you think. More

Fast paced and friendly.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AutoZone part-time for more than a year

Pros: Customer service. Being able to help everyone that walk through… Cons: Bad scheduling, and poor communications of upper managment Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to build programs to help us and let us do the job that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on AutoZone.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AutoZone reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AutoZone CEO Bill Rhodes III. All reviews posted anonymously by AutoZone employees.