I lived at AutoZone more than I did at home.

Former Employee - IT Department  in  Memphis, TN
Former Employee - IT Department in Memphis, TN

I worked at AutoZone full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

AutoZone has so many opportunities for educational and growth experiences. Working at the corporate headquarters for over 15 years, I watched everything and everyone. For instance, I watch new people adjust to Autozone's highly positive cultural environment, and I watch others advance in job roles from entry level to upper-management. What a wonderful place to work, with state of the art technologies and methodologies. And the family of friends environment who go the extra mile to help when needed. I will always remember my experiences at AutoZone and all of those around me. I will always appreciate everyone who supported me and those who didn't know me but still befriended me. This is a very professional organization of experts.

Cons

At the corporate headquarters, the only cons I can think of are difficulty with parking space, difficulty with downtown traffic, and the long daily commute - about .75 hour to work and sometimes about 1.25 back home.

AutoZone has an open-door policy, where you are to feel free with your visits and thoughts to anyone, from bottom to top. I haven't heard this in awhile, but it was stated on a weekly basis that "Everyone is on the same level. We are all AutoZoners. No one is better that the other. We are all on the same team. That is why we wear a red shirt or a management shirt every Monday (or uniform day)."

Other Reviews for AutoZone

If you enjoy being exploited/underpaid this is the perfect place for you...

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative (CSR)  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at AutoZone part-time for more than a year

Pros

The job can be more or less "laid back" in the down time. Like any retail job, with the right people working and good circumstances, the job can be tolerable. If you are mechanically inclined, it can be enjoyable to help diagnose customer issues.

Cons

Pay is terrible. Management/corporate cares only about what you sell, not actual customer service. Expect to be understaffed, and scheduled with no regard to your given availability...then punished if you can't shift your schedule around to accommodate. There is no incentive to be competent...whether you are bilingual and can fix cars, or don't even know how a motor works you get paid the same amount.

Show a vested interest in the customer and employees, and maybe the turnover rate would be a bit lower. Exploiting employees and customers does nothing for loyalty.

Terrible upper management who are arrogant and often behave inappropriate.

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AutoZone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great mobility. Decent pay and benefits. Flexible hours ( as long as your not salaried).

Cons

Upper management tend to be uneducated, they often conduct business in illegal manners. For example forcing an employee to take a lunch an hour before their scheduled time to leave work., or making sexual jokes about other employees. This company has an employee relations department, however nothing ever is done with any the reports.

Management needs to stop being friends with each other and start reporting improper behaviors.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!