There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

I lived at AutoZone more than I did at home.

Former Employee - IT Department in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - IT Department in Memphis, TN

I worked at AutoZone full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

AutoZone has so many opportunities for educational and growth experiences. Working at the corporate headquarters for over 15 years, I watched everything and everyone. For instance, I watch new people adjust to Autozone's highly positive cultural environment, and I watch others advance in job roles from entry level to upper-management. What a wonderful place to work, with state of the art technologies and methodologies. And the family of friends environment who go the extra mile to help when needed. I will always remember my experiences at AutoZone and all of those around me. I will always appreciate everyone who supported me and those who didn't know me but still befriended me. This is a very professional organization of experts.

Cons

At the corporate headquarters, the only cons I can think of are difficulty with parking space, difficulty with downtown traffic, and the long daily commute - about .75 hour to work and sometimes about 1.25 back home.

AutoZone has an open-door policy, where you are to feel free with your visits and thoughts to anyone, from bottom to top. I haven't heard this in awhile, but it was stated on a weekly basis that "Everyone is on the same level. We are all AutoZoners. No one is better that the other. We are all on the same team. That is why we wear a red shirt or a management shirt every Monday (or uniform day)."

667 Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone (View Most Recent)

Autozone

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice to help soccer mom's and old folks
    Rapid hiring process

Cons

Worked for over 18 months and have never been told how I am doing!
    Doing auto mechanic work daily and not being paid for it
    Cut hours, cut hours, cut hours!
    5am Sunday sales meetings to try to motivate employees with non-educated, stammering managers who have zero training in salesmenship, business, or for that matter, any training at all....waste of time and money, leads to pissed off empolyees.

Store managers should have to have at least SOME Jr. College in business, sales, marketing, ANYTHING before they qualify for management.
    Better pay for management = better management (if qualified)

Use them as a stepping stone to a better career.

Former Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at AutoZone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee Discount.
    A fun job depending on who your manager is and who you work with.
    They pay for your training for advancement.

Cons

It's a damned if you do or damned if you don't kind of job. (Read Advice to Management)
    They hire people that have no idea what they are doing. So it makes you have to do double work.
    Everyone cares just about themselves.
    The way they plan the schedule is stupid and that's if you get it before the new week starts.
    You WILL get in trouble for the dumbest things for no apparent reason.
    The pay. The pay is terrible.

The problem is the upper management. Your Store Manager, District Manager, Loss Prevention, Human Resources, etc... They all do want they want to do, regardless of what the policies say. So you have one guy trying to do a job. But you have 3 different people telling him to do it a different way. So that one guy gets in trouble for doing his job no matter how he does it. And the 3 different ways were all different from what the policies say to do. You NEED to enforce the policies!!!

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone