Mediocre

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Keene, NH
Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Keene, NH

I have been working at AutoZone part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot about cars

Cons

Bad/short shifts, I was a very good employee and therefore had to work most weekends and Holidays

Advice to Management

Reward good employees with time off

Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone

1. Autozone

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice to help soccer mom's and old folks Rapid hiring process

Cons

Worked for over 18 months and have never been told how I am doing! Doing auto mechanic work daily and not being paid for it Cut hours, cut hours, cut hours! 5am Sunday sales meetings to try to motivate employees with non-educated, stammering managers who have zero training in salesmenship, business, or for that matter, any training at all....waste of time and money, leads to pissed off empolyees.

Advice to Management

Store managers should have to have at least SOME Jr. College in business, sales, marketing, ANYTHING before they qualify for management. Better pay for management = better management (if qualified)

I lived at AutoZone more than I did at home.

Former Employee - IT Department in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - IT Department in Memphis, TN

I worked at AutoZone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AutoZone has so many opportunities for educational and growth experiences. Working at the corporate headquarters for over 15 years, I watched everything and everyone. For instance, I watch new people adjust to Autozone's highly positive cultural environment, and I watch others advance in job roles from entry level to upper-management. What a wonderful place to work, with state of the art technologies and methodologies. And the family of friends environment who go the extra mile to help when needed. I will always remember my experiences at AutoZone and all of those around me. I will always appreciate everyone who supported me and those who didn't know me but still befriended me. This is a very professional organization of experts.

Cons

At the corporate headquarters, the only cons I can think of are difficulty with parking space, difficulty with downtown traffic, and the long daily commute - about .75 hour to work and sometimes about 1.25 back home.

Advice to Management

AutoZone has an open-door policy, where you are to feel free with your visits and thoughts to anyone, from bottom to top. I haven't heard this in awhile, but it was stated on a weekly basis that "Everyone is on the same level. We are all AutoZoners. No one is better that the other. We are all on the same team. That is why we wear a red shirt or a management shirt every Monday (or uniform day)."