There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

A great company with a solid strategy and executive team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AutoZone gives you the freedom to take charge and become a leader. Focus on the customer is a number one priority. Culture, while quirky, maintains a bulls eye on customer satisfaction. AutoZone values self starting employees that take initiative and generally gets out to the way to let them be successful.

Cons

Staff career opportunities can be limited as AutoZone as there is an effort to limit headcount. Field opportunities are many.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Staying focused is working.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place for a career move

Current Employee - Store Development in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Store Development in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is pretty much recession proof. Bad economy - good for AutoZone.

Cons

They are cheap, and pay below market for their workers

Advice to Management

Let some of those options and big $$ trickle down from the 6th floor

I lived at AutoZone more than I did at home.

Former Employee - IT Department in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - IT Department in Memphis, TN

I worked at AutoZone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AutoZone has so many opportunities for educational and growth experiences. Working at the corporate headquarters for over 15 years, I watched everything and everyone. For instance, I watch new people adjust to Autozone's highly positive cultural environment, and I watch others advance in job roles from entry level to upper-management. What a wonderful place to work, with state of the art technologies and methodologies. And the family of friends environment who go the extra mile to help when needed. I will always remember my experiences at AutoZone and all of those around me. I will always appreciate everyone who supported me and those who didn't know me but still befriended me. This is a very professional organization of experts.

Cons

At the corporate headquarters, the only cons I can think of are difficulty with parking space, difficulty with downtown traffic, and the long daily commute - about .75 hour to work and sometimes about 1.25 back home.

Advice to Management

AutoZone has an open-door policy, where you are to feel free with your visits and thoughts to anyone, from bottom to top. I haven't heard this in awhile, but it was stated on a weekly basis that "Everyone is on the same level. We are all AutoZoners. No one is better that the other. We are all on the same team. That is why we wear a red shirt or a management shirt every Monday (or uniform day)."