There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

Very decent place of employment.

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Toledo, OH
Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am lucky to have great people to work with, the pay is decent and the hours are good. Very low turnover rate at my store. Employee discount is great.

Cons

Sometimes too much emphasis is put on things that don't matter, some priorities need to be rearranged. I often hear other employees not being as satisfied with their stores as I am. I enjoy selling but strongly dislike the pushing of trivial products such as injector cleaner or bulb grease. I would prefer to build a strong trusting relationship with my customers creating a customer for life rather than nabbing that extra $5 sale and turning the customer off in the future.

677 Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone (View Most Recent)

Good place to work to use as a stepping stone...

Former Employee - Manager In Training in Shallotte, NC
    Former Employee - Manager In Training in Shallotte, NC

I worked at AutoZone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, and it is a very good place to learn about cars if you do not have that type of back ground. They have all the learning tools you can imagine. Very friendly because of the culture instilled in you. Everybody gets along while it is busy and help each other.

Cons

They make a lot of promises that they do not follow through with, you get offered a position and they tell you that you are to shadow the store manager so you will know what to do when you get your own store, They tell you that the training process is 9-12 weeks long and you will be ready for your own store. all hey do is hand you book after book and tell you to read and that will help you to run your own store, There is a lot of ass kissing that has to go on in order for you to stay in the circle. You have a RM,DM, TSM, SM and everybody tells you something different. Not a single person follows the policies you are told about when you are hired.
      There is way to much pressure put on the "Autozoners" to up sell products that customers do not need, If you are not selling these additional products, you are called out on it on a conference call in front of all the other stores, asking you if you are even doing your job, in turn adds pressure and stress to you to do whatever you have to do to make sure you are hitting the numbers they want.
     The schedule is all messed up, you open on day then you close the next night then you open the next 3 days in a row, you never have the same days off, they are different every week and its never 2 consecutive days. At least make 1 day a week a permanent day off, it is hard for people to make appointments not knowing when they have off.

Let the managers manage the stores and the people that work in those stores, their is a lot of micro managing that goes on from the DM's
     Speed up the hiring process, and if you are telling someone that they are good enough to have their own store, make sure you get the proper coverage in the store so the MIT get the proper training .

Hourly job, with no real future

Former Employee - Senior Sales in Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales in Pomona, CA

I worked at AutoZone part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people there are some of the best in the field, but in car repair and also in part sales.

Cons

No real room to advance. Company employees spend years there without advancing much.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone