AutoZone
www.autozone.com Memphis, TN 5000+ Employees

Rapid promotions when you're competent.

Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Inverness, FL

ProsYou can move up fairly fast when you have a positive mindset. If you are experienced as an automotive technician, like I was, my experience became very valuable to the company and their interest in keeping me showed.

ConsIf you are not a Commercial employee you better expect to work all kinds of different shifts with very little consistency in your schedule. The pressure placed on DIY to sell "check out challenge" and related repair parts is excessive. The district manager will be on the phone with the store manager every single day the reports of grease packs not sold with batteries or air filters not sold with oil changes to a poor stance compared to other stores. Then of course the store manager comes down on all the rest of the employees with an iron fist. All because we didn't sell enough $1.39 battery terminal grease packs with that $115 dollar battery.

Advice to Senior ManagementChill out a bit with the witt and check out challenge requirements. Or give an incentive for the the level of grief you give for this stuff. If its so important to the company there needs to be more incentive, not just the incentive of not getting in trouble.

not a bad place to work , but upper management has lost touch of store work environment.

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at AutoZone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good benefits, stock options , health insurance Cons: long hours, upper management has forgotten what is like to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work, salary a fair.

Commercial Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at AutoZone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Love the people I work with and enjoy my job. Cons: Salary is on the low end and amount of hours you… Advice to Senior Management: I believe corporate should think about less across the board tactics for business, and look at decisions based more on the locational demographics of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AutoZone.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AutoZone reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AutoZone CEO Bill Rhodes III. All reviews posted anonymously by AutoZone employees.