There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

Rapid promotions when you're competent.

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Inverness, FL
Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Inverness, FL

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can move up fairly fast when you have a positive mindset. If you are experienced as an automotive technician, like I was, my experience became very valuable to the company and their interest in keeping me showed.

Cons

If you are not a Commercial employee you better expect to work all kinds of different shifts with very little consistency in your schedule. The pressure placed on DIY to sell "check out challenge" and related repair parts is excessive. The district manager will be on the phone with the store manager every single day the reports of grease packs not sold with batteries or air filters not sold with oil changes to a poor stance compared to other stores. Then of course the store manager comes down on all the rest of the employees with an iron fist. All because we didn't sell enough $1.39 battery terminal grease packs with that $115 dollar battery.

Advice to Management

Chill out a bit with the witt and check out challenge requirements. Or give an incentive for the the level of grief you give for this stuff. If its so important to the company there needs to be more incentive, not just the incentive of not getting in trouble.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone

1. not a bad place to work , but upper management has lost touch of store work environment.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, stock options , health insurance

Cons

long hours, upper management has forgotten what is like to work at the store level.

2. Good place to work, salary a fair.

Current Employee - Commercial Specialist
    Current Employee - Commercial Specialist

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the people I work with and enjoy my job.

Cons

Salary is on the low end and amount of hours you can work depends on the business coming in at the time.

Advice to Management

I believe corporate should think about less across the board tactics for business, and look at decisions based more on the locational demographics of the stores. We have small commercial customers that are moving there business elsewhere because they are not even offered the smallest incentive to maintain a relationship with autozone, even the military is offered a courtesy discount. I feel if the amount these customers spend was tabulated are store has lost a significant amount of sales.