There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

New to Auto Zone

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good discounts,fun,fast pace,I have good manager

Cons

don't have any con right now..

Cant give any yet

668 Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone (View Most Recent)

absolutely miserable

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

nothing positive has ever come from working with this company. job security used to be a plus but the cut back in hours has left full timers with part time hours.

Cons

constantly put down by regional staff (dm, rm). terrible pay. terrible hours. lack of care for employees. no thought or idea from a store level employee is considered. you are simply a pawn in a chess game. no leadership from management. they tell you to do something with no guidance. if it isnt done properly you are held accountable and they will not help you to improve your performance.

give assistance to your employees when they need help. dont be a boss. be a leader. help create a positive work environment rather than putting people down.

Rapid promotions when you're competent.

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Inverness, FL
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Inverness, FL

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can move up fairly fast when you have a positive mindset. If you are experienced as an automotive technician, like I was, my experience became very valuable to the company and their interest in keeping me showed.

Cons

If you are not a Commercial employee you better expect to work all kinds of different shifts with very little consistency in your schedule. The pressure placed on DIY to sell "check out challenge" and related repair parts is excessive. The district manager will be on the phone with the store manager every single day the reports of grease packs not sold with batteries or air filters not sold with oil changes to a poor stance compared to other stores. Then of course the store manager comes down on all the rest of the employees with an iron fist. All because we didn't sell enough $1.39 battery terminal grease packs with that $115 dollar battery.

Chill out a bit with the witt and check out challenge requirements. Or give an incentive for the the level of grief you give for this stuff. If its so important to the company there needs to be more incentive, not just the incentive of not getting in trouble.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone