AutoZone

Good company, bad culture

IT (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at AutoZone full-time

ProsAutoZone will continue to grow and make tons of money. If you are bonus and stock option eligible, this is great. There is opportunity for advancement.

ConsWearing store uniforms on Mondays and other days. Company cheer. As you might expect from a car parts store, middle-management is full of good-ole-boys who manage by bullying instead of professional skills. AZ makes lots of money by not spending it, so don't expect modern equipment, benefits, or any perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfessionals like to be treated like professionals instead of overpaid store employees.

New to Auto Zone

I have been working at AutoZone full-time for less than a year

Pros: good discounts,fun,fast pace,I have good manager Cons: don't have any con right now.. Advice to Senior Management: Cant give any yet Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Miserable Company, No Employee Value, No Life Outside of Work

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Southington, CT

I have been working at AutoZone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great employee discount - 20% year round with 30% off twice a year (usually in the summertime, and around the Holiday Season). Great availability of… Cons: Where to begin? First, and most importantly, store managers expect you (if you are full-time, or a manager under the store manager) to have AutoZone… Advice to Senior Management: AutoZone's power and financial backing would allow them to hire, and keep some of the smartest, most talented people in the industry. They also have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AutoZone.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AutoZone reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AutoZone CEO Bill Rhodes III. All reviews posted anonymously by AutoZone employees.