Easy job for gear heads

Current Employee - Parts Sales Representative - Customer Satisfaction in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at AutoZone part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job to do. Flexible hours. Good management. Easily work your way up to parts sales manager.

Cons

No incentive to sell. Will take a while to move past a parts sales manager.

Advice to Management

Give some incentives to the red shirts to sell the products that gets you your bonus!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Worst place I have

Former Employee - Hub Driver in Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Hub Driver in Kennewick, WA

I worked at AutoZone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have the opportunity to expand your automotive knowledge. Some benefits including 25% discount from Sprint. Lots of vehicle-specific information is available on their Znet. Employee discounts really add up if you enjoy working in the garage.

Cons

Low pay for the workload, constantly understaffed, no room for advancement, pay raises barely cover next year's inflation, managers are just glorified sales associates with no additional training, ridiculous policies, cruel work environment in some circumstances.

Advice to Management

Start training your managers so you wont need 5 of them to every 2 red shirts. If you are going to remotely regulate the temperature in the stores at least make sure the more labor intensive stores receive more cooling, 74 degrees feels comfortable in an office environment but inside an already understaffed hub store it is blazing hot. Put cruise control on your delivery vans, cruise control is a crucial tool when driving 7+ hours a day in the mountains, with a speed monitoring device might I add. Choose your district managers more carefully.

Has gone from good to bad to very bad

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping people with their problems - meeting people - Discount

Cons

The Zoners have become throw-a-way employees. You may sell $200 dollars of parts but if you don't sell the $1.39 packs, you are screwed. These packs and the checkout challenge are more important than helping the customer. Hours have been cut back so much that customer service suffers. I enjoy my job, just not who I work for. This is after over 11 years.

Advice to Management

Realize that the Zoners are the most important thing in your store. We have to have some knowledge to do our job. I can go down the street to a convenience store and make more money.