AutoZone
www.autozone.com Memphis, TN 5000+ Employees

Unbelievably poor training and motivation

Parts Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Alexandria, VA

ProsFlexible scheduling, plenty of locations, good benefits

ConsBring your own knowledge of automobiles because they will not teach you anything, their idea of motivation is "Do this or else we will cut your hours or simply fire you", their Culture is "The customer always comes first" their Value is "nickle and dime every customer with check out challenge items so I get my bonus, or I will fire you", their training method is "It has to be done, so do it. Or be fired"

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect the associates more and they will do more for you. Offer more training then simple one line pitches to sell check out challenges. Develop associates instead of threatening them with being fired constantly. Be more consistent with goals and direction instead of flip flopping every period.

It was a good experience but there is room for improvement.

Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Laredo, TX

I worked at AutoZone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benifits and a decent discount. Cons: The company doesn't want to pay what you deserve. Advice to Senior Management: Pay better No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Corporate owned sweat shop

Customer Service Representative, PSM, Commercial Driver (Former Employee)
    Ottawa, KS

I worked at AutoZone full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Pretty good selection of merchandise Cons: Poor pay, poor upper management, ran like paramilitary. Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees (even the little red shirts) like humans, give them decent pay and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AutoZone.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AutoZone reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AutoZone CEO Bill Rhodes III. All reviews posted anonymously by AutoZone employees.