AutoZone

www.autozone.com
  www.autozone.com
There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

Unbelievably poor training and motivation

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, plenty of locations, good benefits

Cons

Bring your own knowledge of automobiles because they will not teach you anything, their idea of motivation is "Do this or else we will cut your hours or simply fire you", their Culture is "The customer always comes first" their Value is "nickle and dime every customer with check out challenge items so I get my bonus, or I will fire you", their training method is "It has to be done, so do it. Or be fired"

Respect the associates more and they will do more for you. Offer more training then simple one line pitches to sell check out challenges. Develop associates instead of threatening them with being fired constantly. Be more consistent with goals and direction instead of flip flopping every period.

714 Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone (View Most Recent)

Doesn't care about employees. Run very inefficiently.

Former Employee - Hub Driver
    Former Employee - Hub Driver

I worked at AutoZone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Better than flipping burgers. Not hard work. Hub drivers usually get to be alone most of the day.

Cons

Customers assume you are automatically a high level mechanic
    No discounts on good products
    Low Pay
    Horrible Management only looking for bonuses
    Horrible hours

Managers only care about getting bonuses if they reach certain sales figures. they dont care about the employees

Disappointing

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Delivery Driver in North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Delivery Driver in North Atlanta, GA

I worked at AutoZone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Interacting with customers and keeping busy, as well as installing certain parts, can be fun.

Cons

The pay is poor both for non-managers and managers. There are few incentives to move up in the company, and there is little encouragement and an abundance of criticism from upper management. There seems to be a lack of sufficient concern for providing help for customers, and more concern with making money for the much-higher-ups.

Maybe if upper management demonstrated a little more interest in the regular, everyday store employees who directly interact with the customers, they would see a greater level of customer satisfaction. I believe happy employees who are commended on their strengths as much as they are on their shortcomings are happier and more loyal to the company that they work for. Respect breeds respect.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone