AutoZone

www.autozone.com
  www.autozone.com
There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

Hard work pays off but there are long hours and too much politics in upper management.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Store Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Consistency, and job security, the company is growing and there is always work to be done.

Cons

Our company values are to go above and beyond for our customers. However lately with the downturn in the economy we have been slashing hours and not hiring to fill positions putting too high a burden on those striving to provide the customer experience we aim for as a company.

Maybe give up double digit increases in profitability to keep the services available that make the sales, with the payroll cuts we are sinking to our competitions level not innovating, bringing new business in and seem to be losing some of our edge.

714 Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone (View Most Recent)

Very Detailed

Current Employee - Store Manager in Gulfport, MS
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Gulfport, MS

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Money and Training with tons of follow up

Cons

Waste of Paper with all the reports we have to post and print

Well run company, hard to move up, mediocre benifits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has strong Sr. Managment leadership they board of dierctors and CEO and CEO team know how to run the company to make money. Job security is good. There are a bunch of very tenured AutoZoners at this comany over 30+ years with the company.

Cons

Benefits are only Mediocre. Healthcare cost have always been higher than average for a 50K+ employee company. It's not easy to break into a stock optionable position. in other words moving up the corporate latter is difficult. It seems easier to leave the company after some time then come back to get paid the bigger bucks. There are a bunch of very tenured AutoZoners at this comany over 30+ years with the company. (yes both a pro and con ) sometime bad habits die hard like legacy IT systems antiquated technology that is still keeping our company running simply because we haven't spent the money to upgrade. Also another reason it's difficult to move up in the company.

Spend some money on you employees. I know wallstreet doesn't like to see that but sometimes to grow a body you have to a feed body. Work on you benefits, work on career tracks/ or mentoring programs for your younger talent ... you know, the future of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone