AutoZone

www.autozone.com
There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

Pay your employee's more money. For the amount of work that they do.

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager
Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The chance to work with a lot of different people, and customers. The ability to transfer any were in the US if there is an open space.

Cons

Hours get cut to much and pay raises suck. Work you hard and pay is little. I spend more time at work that I do at my own home with my family.

From the DM's up do not have to worry about getting paid. Its the employee's under the that take the hit when hr's get cut and the very low low low raises that are givin at the end of the year are a joke. Come off the money and take care of your people they are the ones that make your pay check happen........

753 Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone (View Most Recent)

Pay your workers--they are your greatest asset!!!

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Culture and pledge to great customer service and great products. 20% discount and benefits help.

Cons

Pay is horrible, thus they can't keep many good ppl. Company made $9 BILLION profit, but pays employees same as any other retailer that is in the red or black. Store managers make way less than $20 per hr, seeing they are required to put in 50+ hr weeks, and many put in 55-60 hrs per wk, and make less than $50k per yr.

Figure out how to attract/keep high quality ppl--pay them what they are worth--you have $9B per yr to work with. You take great care of the customer--now, TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES!

Recommend!!

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to learn and earn experience

Cons

Pay is a little less than the market, but it is made up for with the work/life balance. They are really big on being thrifty, and it can be extremely annoying. Supplies in some functional areas are treated like the Ark of the Covenant. You will be very lucky to even get close to see the supply closet.

They know what they are doing, but I suggest that they do more profit sharing for lower level employees, not just senior level employees.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone