AutoZone

I will never reapply.

Current Employee - Order Picker in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Order Picker in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

Some of the people are cool. The %20 discount helps if you buy things for your car a lot.

Cons

They treat you like a number. They care more about getting their share of money than the welfare of their employees.

Learn how to treat your employees like more than slaves. Give positive feedback versus constant complaining and criticizing. Treat all equally.

692 Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone (View Most Recent)

Dissapointing job with task based leadership in a overly structured environment

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

Easy job, parts availabilty, networking

Cons

Little recognition, constant micro management, below average pay especially in vase of part time

Increase employee engagement and satisfaction to decrease turnover and eventually increased customer care

Good pay, weird atmosphere

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at AutoZone

Pros

Great bonus - mine was about 10% of my annual salary - and decent raises - mine was around 4%.

Nice location if you like downtown Memphis.

Parking is in their own garage. It's available 24x7x365. And it's monitored around the clock by their security people.

Cons

All Programmers/Architects mostly do business analysis work. If you like endless meetings and paperwork you'll love this job.

They outsource all their developement work. Senior management believes programmers have better things to do than program.

All Programmers/Archiects are expected to take week-log call at least 4 times a year for no extra pay - and it's mostly non-programming issues, it all types of issues ("why didn't the mainframe files get to 17 of the store servers? Why is the application in the store frozen? Why won't it let this customer return this battery? Why won't my cash register work?").

They make you wear silly uniforms - black pants and shoes and socks and belt, grey shirt - every Monday and every time they have a "special" day. And they have all sorts of special pins that have to be worn on the collars just so.

No casual days.

They make you spell out the word autozone by making shapes with your body. I KID YOU NOT.

You have to wait 3 months before you got medical and dental benefits - real cheap.

You had to wait one full year before you could use their 401K plan - real cheap.

Even though I was full-time I always felt like I was in a sweatshop. Working there made me feel tacky.

Stop all the outsourcing. Let programmers program.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone