There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

Great experience.

Current Employee - Sales Person in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Sales Person in Houston, TX

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

If you don't know much about car its ok, because you learn quick. You start seeing new car parts and learning what they are and what they do. Helps you, so you can help someone else. Good opportunity for advancement, not hard at all. You work with others that might have good car knowledge and you help each other. Fun environment, hours are very flexible. Discounts are ok.

Cons

Like other retail store, customers are about the only con sometimes when they insist they're right. but policy says, make them happy.

If somebody wants to move up to management, hear them out give them a chance or explain why they don't need another manager at the moment, don't just blow it of as if you don't care, I've seen it at a couple stores.

reviews filtered by
  1. Autozone is a interesting place to work.

Current Employee - CSM in Chardon, OH
    Current Employee - CSM in Chardon, OH

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

lots and lots of hours, work is recognized when done, great scheduling, great people to work with, always learning something

Cons

there is alot of long shift that seem like they take forever because of the lacture of people coming in to get parts

hire some cashiers for Saturdays and Sundays in all stores because lots of customers wait 5 to 10 mins just to check out.

It's a very easy job, but the Management lacks the power to motivate or accomplish even the most basic tasks.

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

There is a feeling of satisfaction when it comes to helping someone figure out how to fix their own car or solve a minor issue that otherwise could have cost them a lot of money at a repair shop. I've had some customers who were beyond grateful and have since become very loyal to our store.

Cons

Like any job it's full of politics and the management for the most part just doesn't seem to care.

Screen your employees better.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone