AutoZone

www.autozone.com

If I could do it again...I wouldn't apply at all!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsOK discount....as long as it isn't oil, coolant, or special order item. Good people to work with....but they are outnumbered by the idiots.

ConsCrap pay. You are expected to push the Check Out Challenge item, which is pretty much the crappy item of the month. Most of the time, a customer doesn't even need it, nor do they care to hear about it. If you don't hit the quota, you get threatened with being written up, and even if you do, you still have your manager and DM breathing down your neck telling you its not good enough!

Poor communication between management and employees. Schedule changes with no notification, and when this happens, you still get written up for being late. Don't expect to get the hours you are scheduled for, as you will usually have hours cut so that the company can earn another dollar.

Unless you're willing to kiss some serious butt, don't plan on making a career out of it, because most likely, the DM will block you from any chance at advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo NOT play favorites like you do right now. Employees are treated like sheep, and are regularly mistreated by middle and upper management. Offer an incentive for CoC items, other than threats of termination and corrective actions.

Be aware, Unless you like being micro-managed

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

I worked at AutoZone

Pros: - Great business stakeholders - Company is doing well - Decent compensation Cons: - IT PMO officers are novice in the knowledge of project management competencies - Leadership and strategic vision in the IT organization is disorganized (the cut-throat… Advice to Senior Management: Think strategic and long term. Organization needs to know… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

circus

Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

I worked at AutoZone

Pros: relatively easy. computer leads you Cons: unorganized, never enough staff at high volume hours so customers walk… Advice to Senior Management: get some organization to handle the supposed customer satisfaction based… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AutoZone.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!