Autobytel

www.autobytel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autobytel

Former Employee

I worked at Autobytel

Pros

Liked my co-workers and got to interactive with many different areas of the company
Good Benefits
nice location
acceptable pay

Cons

Hated my Boss
Job was not what they told me I would be doing
work was mindless, unsatisfying and tedious

I was working at ABTL during the Riesenbach era so I can't really comment on current management. I hope the best for everyone still there. I think overall, investors and employees have been equally screwed my management.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Autobytel (View Most Recent)

Opportunities are there provided the company and turn around their fortunes.

I worked at Autobytel

Pros

Learning experiences within a turnaround are invaluable provided you can get over the difficult working conditions. Also if the business can reverse their fortunes there are opportunities for growth.

Cons

Working within a turn around can be difficult. Also one must understand you are walking into a situation where the organization is broken and it will be more difficult to get things done.

The new management team seems to be on the right track. The key is to have a few focused objectives, provide transparency toward rank and file employees. Lastly work to remove the red tap that had hampered the business in the past and make the organization more nimble.

Wait until auto industry rebounds before considering Autobytel

Current Employee - Manager, Software Development in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Software Development in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Autobytel

Pros

The location is convenient to all of Orange County. The facilities are adequate. The technology employees are great to work with, as they are smart, motivated, interesting people. Right now, they are a very small company, so you could probably effect a lot of change.

Cons

Website is old version of cold fusion. Some Delphi code is still heavily in use. Management seems to be anti open source. No celebrations for delivering major products. Cumbersome Sarbanes-Oxley compliance tools. The Auto industry in general is hurting. There has been only 1 raise in 4 years. More and more of the bonus is "company performance" instead of "personal performance." I had an incredibly difficult time getting promotions for engineers with 10+ years experience to Senior Engineer.

Please treat technology with respect as technology is what enables the company to operate.

There are newer employer reviews for Autobytel