Autodesk

www.autodesk.com
  www.autodesk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

Great place to work, but C-Staff lacks focus and discipline

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, great products, nice working environment, opportunities for career moves within company. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Half-baked reorganizations that don't make business sense are a regular event. It feels as if C-staff isn't able to make hard decisions. There is a still an old-boys/friends of Carl club. Not many women at the highest levels.

Be disciplined and make tough decisions. Articulate a crisp strategy.

562 Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk (View Most Recent)

Impressive products, hopeful business roadmap - but not necessarily a top place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salaries seem to be pretty generous. Product suite is innovative and exciting, which made me proud to be a part of that growth. Surrounded by very smart and articulate people.

Cons

Job description was misleading. I felt pigeon holed when I got there, due to the extremely siloed and bureaucratic org. Lots of aggressive career climbers. Very colorful and creative office environment, but a very corporate culture in the end. No sense of sharing and community. And WAY too many meetings - most of the time with very little result.

More vacation would be huge. 12 days non-negotiable is not enough. The sabbatical every 4 years is nice, but more vacation would be much more valuable in my opinion. Also, during the interview process - talk more honestly about the job. Drop the Autodesk buzz words.

VP's focused on protecting their own Asses first - Delivering great services second

Former Employee - Product Management in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Product Management in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Product groups are working on incredible products and services. If you consider a job at Autodesk, make sure it is within one of the product divisions. Outside of those organizations, you are taking a big risk.

Cons

Corporate staff engrained with "old timers" who have significant power and make sure they use that power to drive their own agendas. I have never been more excited to work somewhere and have never been more disappointed.

In some areas there is work life balance, but it all depends on who you work for.

Outside of the product divisions, start bringing in some new people. You've got some Directors and VPs who do anything to protect their little kingdoms. They aren't leaders, they are survivors.

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk