Autodesk

www.autodesk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

a good place to work, maybe in future

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk

Pros

Autodesk is still a good place to work. There are so many genious in Autodesk. I have to admit that there are still some people not qualified.

Cons

There is no growth for individuals. I do see people are losing their passion here.

You may need to balance the work of employees. Some people are surfing all day, but some are very very busy with development work. I'm not sure if they got different compensation.

599 Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk (View Most Recent)

Autodesk pays well but you need to wear Dockers.

Former Employee - IT Infrastructure Architect in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - IT Infrastructure Architect in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Autodesk

Pros

Compensation (sabbatical after 4 years) and prestige withing the software industry.Autodesk is always looking for extraordinary people who strive for excellence. We recognize that our success is in large part due to the outstanding talent and dedication of our employees. Your opinions, ideas, and participation in the company’s decisions and actions aren’t just welcome—they’re expected. We take pride in a culture based on respect, collaboration, and diversity.

Cons

Company becoming impersonal and bureaucratic as revenue grows.

Respect performance internally more than fancy resumes from outside. Avoid becoming too much in the mainstream of corporate culture - software is a subculture and if you lose touch with it you fall behind like Sun and IBM.

A company that would rather lose 10 good employees than fire a bad manager.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk

Pros

You get to work with cool software. The office environment, spacially, is beautiful. There's opportunity to move geographically if you want or need to.

Cons

Lots of long term, embedded fat in the employee base. Most are entrenched into cliques of past bought-out companies. Management allows some employees to surf the web all day while other workers pick up the slack. Their review/compensation process is used as a cowardly payback system by disgruntled peers. It was by far the most juvenile, petty, and viscious environment that I have ever worked.

When an entire group rebels against a manager year after year with consistent, horrific reviews, perhaps you should replace the manager rather than let your best talent walk out the door with years of knowledge. Don't relocate the problem so another group will suffer; let the person go. Your loyalty to incompetant managers is your achilles heel.

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk