Autodesk

www.autodesk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

Good balance of personal freedom

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours: some were at work by 7 am, others not until 10 am. In my case, it would sometimes change from day to day. Able to work from home occasionally. Coupled with the flexible hours, it helped to offset the ocasional late-night conference call with other countries. My co-workers are always helpful.

Cons

Because of having offices around the world, occasional conference calls late in the evening (9 to 10 pm) or early morning (8 to 9 am). Some groups, including mine, experienced a lot of shuffling of managers. I have lost count, but I think I have had 7 different managers in 4 years.

Find a way to reduce the number of priority changes, or at least make it seem as if the priorities are not always changing. For example, a shorter release cycle would would allow for a more natural "change" in priorities instead of midway through a release cycle.

582 Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk (View Most Recent)

Top notch workplace, challenging, positive environment, great products, great future

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great team spirit, lots of collaboration opportunities - across products, across teams, across geographies. Employee benefits among the best in the business. Trusted exec management team. Suitable transparency into the health of the business - strong guidance from the top with frequent communication to global workforce.

Cons

Middle management seems pushed to limits - lots of paranoia and paralysis! Many decisions can only be made through "consensus with the world". Too many restructuring exercises resulting in job losses, product retirements and staff fatique.

Spend more time getting to know your staff - don't make rash organizational decisions without proper understanding of how it affects people, products and ultimately your customers!

good company overall

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

work with competent, smart people; good pay; good benefits

Cons

the management changes frequently and is not always competent; they stack rank every year to get rid of a percentage of workers and hire younger for less.

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk