Autodesk

Great People, Interesting Technology

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Autodesk is a place where honest, well intentioned folks work on interesting technologies that affect the world in countless ways. The company has the scope to make big things happen and often does.

Cons

The company culture is timid when it comes to taking risks with products and business. The well worn path can often be a rut.

Too often people with bright ideas get smothered with the wet blanket of mediocre middle managers that are only concerned about SMART goals for the Q or year.

Other Reviews for Autodesk

Good balance of personal freedom

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Autodesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work hours: some were at work by 7 am, others not until 10 am. In my case, it would sometimes change from day to day. Able to work from home occasionally. Coupled with the flexible hours, it helped to offset the ocasional late-night conference call with other countries. My co-workers are always helpful.

Cons

Because of having offices around the world, occasional conference calls late in the evening (9 to 10 pm) or early morning (8 to 9 am). Some groups, including mine, experienced a lot of shuffling of managers. I have lost count, but I think I have had 7 different managers in 4 years.

Find a way to reduce the number of priority changes, or at least make it seem as if the priorities are not always changing. For example, a shorter release cycle would would allow for a more natural "change" in priorities instead of midway through a release cycle.

Inconsistent. Outward face does not match inward actions.

I worked at Autodesk for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits packages tend to be very competitive. There is a decent work/life balance, and generally the teams get along well.

Cons

Senior management is not interested in growing teams or promoting from within. They drive toward the stock holder value much more than employee or customer value.

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk.

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!