Autodesk

www.autodesk.com

Recommend: family-friendly, career-friendly, and not crazy

Project Manager (Former Employee) San Rafael, CA

ProsAutodesk seems to really care about their people - both on a personal and professional level, and exercise high standards of quality. Although I was only there as a contractor, I had a lot of visibility into the career management of the employees on my team. They definitely had ongoing opportunity to advance and learn things. Also, there is a fairly flexible work schedule. People got vacation and time off when they needed it. More importantly, the general company culture is humane and non-crazy. As a contractor, I get to see inside a lot of enterprises, and Autodesk's culture is one of the best.

ConsIn my conversations with other contractors, the most common negative that I've heard about Autodesk is "they don't have any money nowadays". The perception is that Autodesk profits by acquiring smaller companies (whose solutions often don't scale) rather than through their own innovation. This does not bode well for their long term prospects.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are a technology company and you've lost your edge. You need to either decide to coast on your size or recreate a culture of innovation starting today.

Great company and culture

Program Manager (Current Employee) Manchester, NH

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Everyone is excited to be working at Autodesk Cons: Although they claim to be a global company it's very… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Autodesk - Great Job Satisfaction

Senior Principal So (Current Employee)

I have been working at Autodesk full-time

Pros: What you work on directly impacts millions of customers. Software created at Autodesk is used by Engineers, Architects, Construction… Cons: Pay is not competitive with respect to the industry, though… Advice to Senior Management: Great company! To retain good people, pay them well. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Autodesk.

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!