Autodesk

www.autodesk.com
  www.autodesk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

Great company--a healthy balance of fun, challenge, and inspiration.

Current Employee - Program Manager
Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autodesk makes great products, and it's amazing to see how these products are used by their customers. The company culture is fun and provides an atmosphere for creativity in problem-solving, and there are many opportunities to challenge yourself and learn.

Cons

There is little opportunity for advancement.

Keep up the great work in encouraging personal leadership and creating a great company culture.

522 Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk (View Most Recent)

Recommend: family-friendly, career-friendly, and not crazy

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Autodesk as a contractor

Pros

Autodesk seems to really care about their people - both on a personal and professional level, and exercise high standards of quality. Although I was only there as a contractor, I had a lot of visibility into the career management of the employees on my team. They definitely had ongoing opportunity to advance and learn things. Also, there is a fairly flexible work schedule. People got vacation and time off when they needed it. More importantly, the general company culture is humane and non-crazy. As a contractor, I get to see inside a lot of enterprises, and Autodesk's culture is one of the best.

Cons

In my conversations with other contractors, the most common negative that I've heard about Autodesk is "they don't have any money nowadays". The perception is that Autodesk profits by acquiring smaller companies (whose solutions often don't scale) rather than through their own innovation. This does not bode well for their long term prospects.

You are a technology company and you've lost your edge. You need to either decide to coast on your size or recreate a culture of innovation starting today.

Smart people navigating internal politics

I have been working at Autodesk full-time

Pros

Extremely intelligent, talented employees that are helpful to each other and work hard. Decent life/work balance (unless your team is geographically dispersed), nice office environment, flex time.

Cons

Extremely political. Vindictive and petty game-playing at the middle-management level. No room for advancement unless you participate in aforementioned game-playing. Constant company re-organizations. Lack of transparency about high-level decisions.

Stop interfering, monitoring, and micro-managing, and let the people just do their work.

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!