Autodesk

www.autodesk.com
  www.autodesk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

Best company I've ever worked for or seen. Hands down.

Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing work environment with phenomenal facility at the San Francisco office.
Great company culture. (Comparable to Google/FB w/o all the crazy pressure)
Great pay with relaxed hours. (13th highest tech intern pay in bay area)
Serious opportunities for advancement.
Intensely customer driven progress model. Calls with customers to get real world real time feedback to keep your perspective fresh and innovative will be a weekly occurrence.
One of the best places to launch a career according to Forbes and I couldn't agree more.
Perks include 6 week mandatory paid sabbatical every 4 years in addition to standard paid time off.
Ability to work anywhere in the world as you advance and/or move around. Even the meetings with everyone in the same building are often telemeetings because the telemeeting abilities throughout this company are excellent.

Cons

Only one employee resource group (ERG) for women. No LGBT. No handicapable. No ethnic ERGs. The didn't provide housing to the interns and gave us a stipend instead. It created a huge hassle for me since I was only in the Bay Area for 3 months during a massing housing crunch. Most of the other tech companies do this for interns because it makes the experience so much less stressful and/or better. HUGE corporate structure. There are literally 100s of VPs, who report to ~10 Senior VPs who report to the CEO.

None. Keep up the great work, particularly with the ecosystem model. It's power is really starting to launch things for this company.

557 Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk (View Most Recent)

Has potential, terrible management and leadership

I have been working at Autodesk full-time

Pros

- Work life balance
    - good benefits and pay

Cons

- Finance organization is not a results driven organization and promotes based on perceived value and how upwards one communicates.
    - Distribution of work is not fair nor consistent across teams, and taking on additional responsibilities does not get recognized or acknowledged
    - Management lack the leadership and acumen to lead the company in the direction it needs to go and always seeming to be several steps behind
    - Too much politics, nothing ever gets done
    - Lacks innovation. High paying roles with little to no accountability promotes a workplace where people clock in and out and don't have the drive to innovate and compete
    - Incredibly inefficient but no one cares because they get paid well and has no pressure to change

Start making your leadership team accountable and they might start caring about their jobs and get things done. We've become a sleepy company that's content with mediocrity.

depends on your managers

I have been working at Autodesk as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

relax environment, allow working remotely, people are nice and friendly

Cons

some managers may not give you enough freedom to work on what you want. It's difficult to express ideas from developers to senior managers

could spend more time in developing young people

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk