Autodesk

www.autodesk.com
  www.autodesk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

Great and high tech in Computer Graphics

I have been working at Autodesk

Pros

Good work-life balance and cutting-edge Graphics tech application

Cons

Still struggle with success in Cloud ecosystem

Autodesk Response

Apr 3, 2014Talent Brand and Social Media Manager

Thanks for the review! We're working hard to get the best cloud talent in the door.

562 Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk (View Most Recent)

Great Potential

I worked at Autodesk

Pros

Outstanding products, great mission, great colleagues.

Has the potential to be a dream company.

Cons

Dissonance between stated and practiced values and mission that ripples though a team.

There are Sr. Managers and Directors that are contractors. I've seen negative effects from unintended consequences on FT Managers and Specialists who are their reports.

Practice on a team level, what your preach on a company level. Consider making it a policy that all Senior Managers and Directors are FTE.

Lead me to my current career and passion...

Former Employee - Divisional Support and Coordination in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Divisional Support and Coordination in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Cultural diversity
    -Consistent and calculated change efforts (a company in motion stays in motion)
    -Supported growth and development
    -Established tech company with years of finding out what works and what doesn't from a target market, employee satisfaction, and performance/productivity perspective.
    -Intensely refined succession planning
    -laid-back environment
    -Good team dynamics
    -Awesome benefits

Cons

My experience with Autodesk is fairly exclusive as my position and department have since been dissolved and reorganized into successfully managed divisions.

Major cons:
    -No balance of right and left-brain thinkers (overwhelmingly engineer-minded)
    -Management politics (found in every organization, unfortunately)
    -Still a bit "boys-club" with regard to the composition of the executive leadership and high-level managerial staff.
    -Large organization with residual hierarchy bubbles decreasing alignment along the key stakeholder pipeline... slowing down approvals, change initiatives, buy-in, etc.
    -Too many managers without aligned strategies and goals

I wouldn't ever presume to know enough about a company to solicit advice so broadly however; it is critical in today's market that an organization with as much potential as Autodesk embrace uncomfortable change and dive into a truly authentic reorg that takes almost everything once thought to be right and throws it out the window...harvesting the old to make room for the new.

Talent management predicated on scientifically-derived and legally defensible tactics, genuine cross-collaboration in a decentralized government type setting, continuous executive coaching and innovative training efforts, and of great importance: company-wide ACCOUNTABILITY.

All investments into people development and change initiatives CAN have ROI and lasting results if at least two ingredients exist: Program evaluation to highlight whether a program/project was successful or not (as well as HOW successful/unsuccessful) and continuous training efforts to ensure adoption and accountability.

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk