Autodesk

www.autodesk.com

It was pretty good at times, it was the worst at times.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, including a sabbatical every 4 years (you'll need it!). Flexible work hours and work from home policies. Reasonable compensation and a good ESPP program.

ConsFrequent re-orgs mean an endless rotating cast of managers, a few were pretty good - but the recent ones were the very worst managers I have ever encountered. Be careful of ending up on the wrong team. Management by intimidation is tolerated, and quite often the ability to talk a good game is valued over the ability to do good work. Extremely political and you will end up on the losing side if you don't play the game. Definitely an old boys club.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at your mid-level managers and ask yourself if they really have the ability to grow and manage teams. Reconsider the "paperless" review system - no paper trail means managers are free to throw their people under the bus to save their own skins when necessary.

Good company to work for and leader in design and 3D feild

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Autodesk is a good company to work for, one of… Cons: Short sided management view, continuous cost cutting, and can't hire… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to your employees who are doing the great job, not who you know in your circle of close friends. CEO just cashed… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Ehhh...

Program Manager (Former Employee) San Rafael, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good products great location good community outreach (volunteering, products to schools, etc.) Cons: good-old-boy network churns thru skills.... poor data quality/use of data in… Advice to Senior Management: reduce the shuffle/reorgs (1 per year every year without kpi/measurement… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Autodesk.

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!