Autodesk

www.autodesk.com
  www.autodesk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

I really enjoyed the culture, work environment, and the family-work life balance!

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

My Regional Manager is a great manager! He is approachable, understanding when family commitments pop up. He is a true professional and has great managerial and people skills. They should clone my manager and have other managers be mentored by him. I received my first bonus, I was pleased.

Cons

Received my first raise after a year on the job, wasn't too impressed. Training courses were cut from our budget. I am eager to learn more about my current position and excel in more responsibility and leadership roles. I want to evolve faster than the company wants me too. But I understand budgets are tight and the company and industry is changing. I have high hopes!!!!!!! I want my position to be more than a job, but an exciting career.

People are your most important asset. Never forget that. Please treat them well and with dignity, from the bottom to the top. You need to hire more managers like my current manager.

534 Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay, good work-life balance, good location.

Cons

You context switch onto different projects frequently, so you wont be able to specialize into being an expert in a given area. You are on a one year release cycle, expect to work on features only to have them scoped out later.

Bring back beer bash's. Minimize re-branding company divisions so frequently.

Autodesk, Interrupted.

I have been working at Autodesk full-time

Pros

- Brilliant coworkers
    - Inspiring customers
    - The ability to help shape the future
    - Benefit packages
    - Cutting edge technology.

Cons

Autodesk in in the middle of a transition. As the older generation starts thinking about retirement, it's time to start shifting to be welcoming to the younger generations. The stability is appealing but not the "chained to the desk" mentality.

Innovate from within.

Autodesk is a good company but many people feel overworked. Consider two weeks of rest - one in winter and one in summer. Do what's good for your people, not just the customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!