Autodesk

www.autodesk.com

I have worked here for over a decade and have never once wanted to look outside the company for another job!

Current Employee - Industry Marketing Manager  in  San Rafael, CA
Current Employee - Industry Marketing Manager in San Rafael, CA

Pros

I have been lucky to have great managers and work with smart, talented people. I love the culture (flexibility, work-life balance, great benefits and you can bring your dog to work!).

Cons

It would be great to see more people move up from inside the company rather than hiring from outside.

Keep up the great work-life balance culture and flexibility! As a single mom this makes EVERYTHING so much easier. It keeps me (and my colleagues) happy, working hard, and super proud to be an Autodesk employee.

Autodesk Response

May 2, 2014Talent Brand and Social Media Manager

What a nice review, thanks for sharing!

Other reviews for Autodesk

Great career growth and opportunities for the long term

Pros

- Amazing benefits (sabbatical in the US every four years, week off between Xmas and New Year's, employee stock purchase program)
    - Tons of opportunities for working in different locations, on different products, for different groups within the company. I've been able to work in four locations on multiple continents on many products in many groups and always been able to keep growing in every new role.
    - Fantastic customers who produce amazing, amazing things with our products!
    - Our mission is to Help Customers Imagine, Design, and Create a Better World. It's meaningful and is really what we try to do every day!

Cons

- Because of the sabbatical and "week of rest", fewer vacation days throughout a typical year in the US.
    - Like many publicly traded companies, the stock market can directly impact training, hiring, spending so tight times can be more frustrating

I've been in the company over a decade. I love the shift to cloud and consumer and the maker world. Lately there's been great communication about what we're trying to do for customers and why, and I'd just like to see that communication continue!

I really enjoyed the culture, work environment, and the family-work life balance!

Pros

My Regional Manager is a great manager! He is approachable, understanding when family commitments pop up. He is a true professional and has great managerial and people skills. They should clone my manager and have other managers be mentored by him. I received my first bonus, I was pleased.

Cons

Received my first raise after a year on the job, wasn't too impressed. Training courses were cut from our budget. I am eager to learn more about my current position and excel in more responsibility and leadership roles. I want to evolve faster than the company wants me too. But I understand budgets are tight and the company and industry is changing. I have high hopes!!!!!!! I want my position to be more than a job, but an exciting career.

People are your most important asset. Never forget that. Please treat them well and with dignity, from the bottom to the top. You need to hire more managers like my current manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk.

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!