Autodesk

www.autodesk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

A wonderful place to work!

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Autodesk's culture and its people are the best attributes of the company. I spent a long time there, and I had a wonderful run. The benefits are good, and comp plans are competitive. The work is exciting and engaging - especially when you consider how many ways the company's products touch our world. Brilliant technology, great people, good pay and benefits... you can't ask for a lot more if you want to work for a tech company - in the Bay Area or just about anyplace else on the planet!

Cons

Middle management can range from exceptional to inept. Some organizations can be insanely political - in my tenure, I saw this as leader-specific and not an Autodesk corporate standard. That being said, if you get caught in one of these vortices - get out asap. There are thousands of great jobs in the company, and just as many opportunities for success if you're diligent and smart.

Please don't forget how Autodesk became a $2.5B USD company... people, products and customers. Yes, there are many opportunities on the horizon for the "New Autodesk" - but forcing that transition will not benefit the organization in the long run.

Autodesk Response

Jul 24, 2014Talent Brand and Social Media Manager

Thank you for the thoughtful review!

603 Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk (View Most Recent)

Well positioned and strong company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and you are encouraged to speak up and share your opinion.

Cons

Like in any organization Autodesk is no exception when it comes to politics

Great company

Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative. Great exposure. Open communication. Great support on career development

Cons

Lack of change management. All changes are great but often turn into firedrill. No planning system. All planning and analysis are manual

Manage changes better. Consider to get some 6 sigma certified expert to help process improvement. Get a FP&A system in place to support analysis and decision making

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk