Autodesk

www.autodesk.com
  www.autodesk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

Great learning experience, but growth plateaus

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, reasonable work hours. They have goals to improve their products and find a way that let's their consumers more easily obtain and use them. Taking initiative is typically encouraged.

Cons

Poor company wide communication. Lack of transparency from management. Too much focus on process and bureaucracy while most times the process is ill defined. Poor talent acquisition.

Communication should be more direct and shouldn't have to flow to multiple channels to get to the right audience. Many times it feels like there are too many chefs in the kitchen which translates to unnecessary micromanagement and ultimately less productivity.

546 Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk (View Most Recent)

Politics and weak leadership.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people everywhere and the products are amazing. Benefits like sabbatical are unheard of in many large organizations. Leaders in AEC which opens the door to executives. Cloud vision promising but will take time. Carl Bass is a CEO tech geek who really appreciates and values our cool technology. Stock soaring and a great ride for those of us in the ESPP plan another great benefit of working here.

Cons

Good old boys network in senior leadership that is old school. Example we are micromanaged to a set of weekly activity and call metrics more appropriate for point products versus selling true value based solution selling. Chaotic and stressful environment full of immature managers who have advanced due to relationships and who spend time bad mouthing each other across divisions. Looks bad to those of us in the ranks. One word sums it up "politics"

Great people are leaving because of office politics. Pay attention.

Behind the curve

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. Good benefits

Cons

Executive management appear to be mis-aligned, very difficult to get projects approved or financed, constant change is more like constant swirl.

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk