Autodesk

www.autodesk.com
  www.autodesk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

fun, positive and collaborative atmosphere, great place to spend as a summer intern

Current Employee - Marketing Operations(ACG) in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Operations(ACG) in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I spent 10 weeks Jun-Aug 2014 interning at Autodesk int he San Francisco-Pier 9 office between the 1st 2nd year of my MBA program. I was the Marketing Operations Intern in the Autodesk Consumer Group. I really enjoyed working with the marketing team as they took the time to train me and bring me up to speed with the team, marketing campaigns and anything else that was relevant to my job. I was included in everything work-related and social by the team and the atmosphere was very much collaborative in the sense the my successes and failures were not disparate from the team's success and failures - everyone one was vested in my summer project and wanted the best possible outcome. Overall, the culture was just fantastic - people were also relaxed and very reasonable about everything - there was a focus on being productive and results-oriented as opposed to clocking hours. Great pay for the summer along with a reasonable relocation stipend as well - can't complain. Pier 9 was a fantastic location - the workshop provide many opportunities to stimulate my creative side, which was highly encouraged by the team even though it wasn't directly related to my summer projects.

Cons

I don't have major cons here. As an MBA intern, I saw many of my peers at other tech companies in the Bay Area receive either a generous housing/relocation allowance or the option to stay in corporate housing. Housing is so tricky for the summer in the Bay Area that it would be great to see Autodesk provide housing instead of a relocation stipend. The group I worked in was a little disorganized from a functional standpoint but it was directly a function of the group/teams being all less than 4 years old and growing rapidly - but everything is headed in the right direction so it's really not a con either. It was also be nice to have the pantries and kitchens be stocked with snacks instead of vending machines but that would be an awesome perk, really not a con either.

Keep up the great work. It is the most transparent company I have every worked for and I hope it never changes.

562 Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk (View Most Recent)

Summer intern in Autodesk San Francisco Office

Current Employee - Interaction Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Interaction Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

1. good office location. right near the Fairy Building and bay bridge. sea view
    2. nice talk about design.
    3. free food for two days per week.
    4. Nice colleagues.
    5. workload is not heavy.

Cons

1. not enough free food
    2. globalization problem. Autodesk has offices around the whole world. So sometimes, the meeting time was really wired because of the time difference. Also, asking colleague in some other continent for help is hard.

Invaluable work experience

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Lake Oswego, OR
    Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Lake Oswego, OR

I worked at Autodesk as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment, awesome manager and coworkers, competitive pay and good benefits

Cons

No cons for working at Autodesk

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk