Autodesk

www.autodesk.com

good company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk

Pros

Interesting technology. Good salary and benefits. Security. Decent work-life balance. Flexible about work hours and work location (i.e., home vs office).

Cons

Redundancy and confusion in the management structure. Hard to tell who is responsible for what. High ratio of managers to workers.

Our group is made up of several groups that used to work independently of each other. They have been stuffed together in a way that doesn't really work. I assume this isn't unique to us, so I would suggest that exec staff identify and clean up this kind of overlap. Also, it seems like the managers are here in the US and most of the people doing the hands-on work are in China -- that is not so great.

Other Reviews for Autodesk

Look elsewhere

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Autodesk

Pros

employee benefits, Auotodesk products and business leadership

Cons

No IT leadership, commitment to deliver

transparency and Accountability

Was a great place to work. Now, they are interested in the bottom line and their fat bonuses.

Current Employee - Business Center Representative  in  Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Business Center Representative in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Autodesk

Pros

Excellent benefits, nice working environment, casual atmosphere. The pay is decent, and time off is lenient and flexible. Dogs are allowed in some facilities, although Manchester no longer. (I suspect it is to save on insurance costs...and NOT the landlord's decision, as they claim)

Cons

Very poor senior management. Job openings are posted, but are already filled before posting, and usually by the hiring manager's favorites. Senior management far more interested in their quarterly earnings than making a better product or happier customers. Very little communication from management to the "working stiffs", and people are left wondering what is going on. Decisions are made by people who have no idea of the real world impact of the actions, and no attempt is made to find out that impact from those on the front lines. The Manchester Business Center is being closed, and all the reps being laid off. Their headcount is being moved to Singapore. This is likely a trend that will continue within the company.

Stop trying to save money as your sole direction. Customer service is being sorely neglected in favor of typical big corporate greed. The CEO is a numbers cruncher...and the company is not the great place to work that it used to be, in favor of financial profits. It has gone too far.

There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk.

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!