Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Autonomy is a all about delivering industry leading technology to the most recognizable corporations globally.

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Unbelievable technology, fantastic compensation, seen as delivering the most innovative and effective technology in the industry to 400+ OEMs and the leading corps across numerous verticals; great name recognition; definitely leading the enterprise software space; profitable; continually rolling out new technology; global footprint enable worldwide support.

Cons

Internal processes could be much tighter; need to standardize messaging around procedures; could offer more extensive product training; need more resources to go around that "support" revenue driving initiatives.

With all the information that continues to come through, you could do a much better job of keeping the large majority in the loop and forming best practices.

331 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

The benefits overall are good. The base pay is average for enterprise software sales. At some point in the next decade HP might possibly be able to affect the sales culture.

Cons

If you have come here to see what it might be like to sell at Autonomy, please read this review. Under no circumstances should you accept an offer from this company. The sales culture is completely ridiculous. There are no territories, and many times multiple reps will be calling into an account. Multiple people can sell the same products within a vertical. This is not a professional sales culture and I don't see how it is possible to turn it around at any point in the near future, regardless of the HP acquisition. The sales reporting is so overboard that I don't even know what to say about it. Big brother is an understatement. I promise that if you accept the offer, you will think back to all these reviews and be kicking yourself for not heeding these warnings. I do not have words strong enough to warn you away.

I seriously doubt there is anything I could say that would influence the leaders of this organization to change anything. Meg, if you happen to read this at any point, I would beg you to fire every Autonomy executive and replace them with HP people. And get rid of SMS.

Glad to be out of there

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Good colleagues among the other engineers, free lunches, better salary than at some other places, that's about all I can think of.

Cons

No communication from senior management; my immediate manager's manager never once spoke to me in all the years I was there. No performance reviews, and my written request for a pay rise after some years there was not even acknowledged, let alone refused. Strict hours of work; you have to be there between 9.30 and 6.00, never mind whether you have family or other commitments, and working from home is not allowed. The top floor was usually unbearably hot (well above the World Health Organization recommended limit) throughout the summer and management's response was not to do anything to remedy the situation but just to send an ice cream van to the front door every afternoon. A dispiriting, soul-destroying place to work.

Treat your engineers as human beings, not just coding machines.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy