Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Good software company with a lot of growth potential in this though market

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

I get to work wit one of the hottest technologies available out there today. The core products are successful, thus the company is doing comparatively well in this economy. Furthermore the company has a lot of growth potential, eventually

Cons

Due to the recent and some of the ongoing acquisitions, the company is quite decentralized. There are too many departments, and even more sub-departments under them. It is hard to figure out who is responsible for what. This eventually affects your job responsibilities, which are usually quite flexible.

Management needs to give more feedback back to the employees.

334 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

The British are coming! Run away as fast as you can!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

I came to Autonomy from an acquisition and I don't have anything good to say about Autonomy. I have a lot of great things to say about the company that they acquired and destroyed, a company that had solid management and friendly co-workers and good communication and no insane paranoid policies. They provide free lunch on Friday, whoopee.

Cons

Management in England is arrogant and short-sighted. They acquired us with no plan for integrating the business units, and most of us left already in less than a year. Autonomy does not understand our business or our customers, and they do not value the people. They have no long term plan for the business and just move from one fire drill to the next, yelling at anyone in firing range. They are paranoid and impose policies that make it clear they do not trust any of their employees. Autonomy has no annual review process for employees and no annual raise. I talked to some longtime employees who had never received a review or a raise in years. HR is nonexistent, just a revolving door of clueless young cannon fodder with no experience with benefits or employee issues. In 15 months at Autonomy, not a single email was sent to employees from any of the Brits regarding the corporate strategy or plans. There is almost no actual software development happening at Autonomy. It is all bug fixes after customers complain that the software does not work. Press releases are issued before anything is implemented, just hoping someone will buy the vaporware.

You cannot continue to acquire and destroy other companies, losing all corporate knowledge in the process. You should communicate with all employees and not treat us like cattle who can be led to the slaughterhouse and replaced with a new herd next week.

try if you dare

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

insane work hours, crazy projects, jetting everwhere, but huge bonuses if you do well and stock options that have 10xed in the last four years. never ending range of projects with lots of companies froma cross the countr (and the worlkd -- but i was always domestic) in every kind of industry verticle.

Cons

everyone good is a workahlocic. everyone who can't keep the pace gets fired or marganalized. people i knew when i was ther ewho tried to treat it like a regular company didn't work out. autonomy is more like an investment bank or a consulting company, from what my friends who are in those industrys say -- lots of work, very interesting and very high paid, but not somewhere you chill out and do your nine to five.

iiits going to be hard to keep pace seeing growth in company recent times, but try if u can.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy